This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
How we obtain information from you
We may collect personal data that you choose to provide to us through the Site, including, but not limited to, your first and last name, email address, or telephone number, such as when you:
- Register on the Site, to create a User Account
- Fill out a form on the Site such as a review
- Sign-up to receive direct marketing communications on the Site
- Communicate with us (for example, on a social media platform or by sending us an email)
When you visit our Site, we may collect certain information by automated means using technologies such as cookies, non-cookie-based tokens, and web server logs. Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to identify your browser uniquely or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
Where permitted by law, we may acquire personal data about you from third parties. This may include personal data publicly-available profile information (such as your preferences and interests) on third party social media sites (such as Facebook and Twitter), and marketing lists acquired from third party marketing agencies.
We may also collect personal data in other contexts that we will notify you of at the time.
Information we obtain
Information that you provide to us, and our legal basis for processing the personal data
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personal data includes, but may not be limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
Personal data that you provide directly to us will be apparent from the context in which you provide it, for example:
- If you register on the Site, to create a User Account, you will generally provide your full name, email address, and phone number. Our legal basis for processing your personal data in this way is that processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
In most cases, you will be informed of the required information to complete a form. You may choose to provide additional information within fields that are not required.
Information that we collect automatically
Our web servers may log information such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the location where your device is located. The web server logs may also record information such as the address of the web page that referred you to our Sites and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. They may also log information about your interaction with the Sites, such as which pages you visit. To control which web servers collect information by automated means, we may place tags called “web beacons” — small files that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Where the information gathered is completely anonymised, the information will not constitute personal data. Where your personal data is not in an anonymous form, our legal basis for processing your personal data in this way, is that it is in our legitimate interest to continually evaluate that personal data in operating and improving our business (and to ensure that the products and services we provide are relevant to the market) that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
Social media widgets
The Site includes social media functions, such as Twitter and Facebook widgets. These widgets may collect information about which pages you visit on the Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. The widgets may also set a cookie to ensure the features are functioning properly.
Social media functions and widgets are hosted either by a third party or directly on the Site. Your interactions with the social media functions and widgets located on the Site are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. If you use any of the social media functions or widgets on our Site, we strongly suggest you review the privacy policies of the companies that provide those functions and features.
Information that we obtain from third parties
Information that we collect from third parties will generally consist of publicly-available profile information (such as your preferences and interests), for example from public social media posts.
How we use the information that we obtain
Information that you provide to us
We may use personal data that you provide to us to respond to your inquiry, for example, to contact you about your request, ask a question, provide announcements, conduct surveys, and contact you for other reasons related to offering and improving our services. We use the personal data for these purposes because we have a legitimate business interest in providing services to our customers and other interested individuals that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
In addition to the uses discussed above, we may also use the personal data you provide on our Site to:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
We use the personal data for the purposes described above because we have a legitimate interest in operating and improving our business that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
We may also use the information to protect against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities and to comply with or enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies and terms. We use personal data for these purposes when it is necessary to protect, exercise or defend our legal rights, or when we are required to do so by law that applies to us.
Information that we collect automatically
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
To control the collection and use of Web viewing data for interest-based advertising and other applicable uses on your browser, by some or all of the participating companies, you can visit http://optout.aboutads.info
Other uses for your information
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal data that you provide to us or that we collect for other purposes. Where that is the case, we will provide an additional privacy notice to you that describes the purposes for which we will use the personal data and our legal basis for doing so.
Disclosure of data
Kiido may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Kiido
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
How long we keep information
The time period for which we keep personal data depends on the purpose for which we collected it. In all cases we keep it for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We will then delete the personal data, unless we are legally required to retain it or if we need to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example, for tax and accounting purposes).
- Personal data you provide when you sign-up to receive direct marketing communications: we keep most of this personal data for the duration of our relationship with you until you opt-out.
- Personal data collected for analytics purposes: we keep this personal data for a short period of time necessary for us to carry out the analytics. We anonymise personal data used for analytics, immediately.
If you are located in Australia, you may have the following rights in relation to personal data that we hold about you:
- To request confirmation of whether we process personal data relating to you, and if so, to request a copy of that personal data;
- To request that we rectify or update your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated
- To request that we erase your personal data once its purpose/s for use no longer exists
- Where you have given us consent to process your personal data, to withdraw your consent
- To request that your data be shared with an accredited recipient
You may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your rights described above.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as well as the Australian Communications and Media Authority should you feel any of your rights have been infringed.
Changes to this policy